Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rain, rain and more rain....

Now the blog is finally up to date and I'm posting in "real time":) Yea, internet!!!! I had a moment of fear yesterday when the BigPond guy thought he wasn't going to be able to install it. ACK! But, thank goodness, he was mistaken. Fifteen minutes later, I was online with the children circling the computer like little sharks waiting for their turn. Okay, so they weren't really circling but the pressure to hurry up was definitely in the air. But, it's 6am now and they are asleep....so it's time to check email, post, play with facebook, research activities in the area, and look at all my news websites (aka as "People Magazine" and "Reality Blurred"). No worries though, I look at MSNBC.com and CNN.com too....so don't judge me!

Kelsey got a job call back yesterday! Gloria Jeans coffee shop in Wooloongabba (also known as "The Gabba" pronounced "The Gabber") called and asked her to come in today for what we are guessing is another interview. It's the place that is a little further away than I like though still within walking distance. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with the thought of her walking home alone from there at night....it's very dark and there just aren't that many people around. But, like I said, we'll cross that bridge if we get to it.

The rain, the rain, the rain. I've been stuck at home for what seems like years waiting for delivery or installation people. Yesterday, it poured and poured and poured until I thought I was going to scream. Ben looked like he was nearly drowned by the time he got home. Seriously, you cannot even imagine how miserable he looked (and was, I'm sure). Benji offered to go to Bulimba to return some movies to Blockbuster. By the time he got there, his rain poncho hat had been ripped off by the wind and the poncho itself was torn down the middle. He opted to toss it in the trash rather than fight the wind for custody. Today I'm still stuck here until the TV is delivered and then I'm hoping the rain will hold off long enough for me to go do anything at all. Without all my things here with me, there just isn't enough to do in the apartment to keep me busy for days.

Okay, so maybe it was obvious but the dryer has to be broken. I thought I was just putting loads in that were too large but that's not it. Yesterday, the damn thing couldn't dry 3 towels, 3 hand towels and two washclothes and I ran it on high for 2 hours (not including the naps it likes to take). I called the realtor and she's going to send someone to look at it. I hope the sun comes out soon otherwise we'll have no clean clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment