Friday, June 12, 2009

Deana Gets a Duckdown Doona

It belongs to Ben, too. But, my name makes a cuter blog title. We have been having (rumored) record breaking temperatures. Single digits. It's freakin' cold at night. There's a cute little button in our apartment that says "heat" but apparently that's just a little joke. I couldn't get it to work so called the realtor who sent a repairman who said that that it's not a heating unit....only air conditioning. Oh, that explains my inability to make it work even with an instruction booklet.

Last night Kelsey had to work until 9pm so we figured we'd head downtown to buy a space heater and a doona so that we could meet up with her when she was finished. We found a fantastic sale and purchased a duck down doona and a space heater. In the states, we call them duvets but isn't doona a much cuter name? I also bought two doona covers....so versatile these doonas! Last night when I went to bed....well, I can't even describe to you how wonderful it felt My feet were warm within about 15 seconds. It was like going to the beach on a hot summer day without the sand, the cabana boy, or the sea breeze...... Oh, I guess it wasn't that much like going to beach then, huh? It's warmer today so who knows if we'll ever need the space heater now but I have it and that's what matters.

Poor Kelsey. She's inherited my ability to attract men with either no teeth or really bad teeth. Is it our blue eyes? What is it about us that just screams, "Hey Buddy, if you don't have any teeth at all or have never partipated in any dental care traditions whatsoever, then I'm your girl!"? Two days in a row some creepy fellow with broken teeth and a rather nasty vibe has made a point of stopping by work to have a little chat with her. Made us grateful that we met her last night when she got off because there's no bus that late and she would have had to walk to the ferry.

After we met Kelsey, we stopped by Jimmy's on Queen Street for dessert. Let me just say that I have never, ever had tiramisu that delicious. It wasn't soggy...it had just the right balance of flavors. And it was a huge piece ($11.50 AUD)....I'm thinking we should make that a weekly family tradition. I'd make it a daily family tradition but that seems a bit too decadent.

The sun is out today and we are heading to a food festival (also known as paradise). I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. how can you be so cheerful when it is single digits and your dwelling has no heat? doonas are all very well, covers or not, but one does have to get out of bed occasionally.
    when i was young and cute it was just old men. (that's what i called them then. now i call them 'contemporaries.') old men just LOVED me. if i hadn't been so damn dumb i'd had me a buncha sugar daddies and currently be living off my brilliant investments.
    please eat tiramisu every day. you need to spend a little time waddling.
    here's what you missed by loafing off there with the wombats......
    http://neowiccan.livejournal.com/169997.html
    :) khaire
    suz

    ReplyDelete