Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Poor Head

The people upstairs are renovating their apartment. How nice for them. But, seriously, wasn't the tile they had nice enough? The noise from the jackhammer is unbelievable. There are rules in place that limit the amount of time they can make that much noise each day but today has been the worst. I don't feel well so I can't really go anywhere to escape it. Just 10 more minutes...just 10 more minutes.....

Ben and Benji enjoyed watching a rugby game earlier this week. You know, trying to get into the Aussie spirit of things. I don't like sports but I suppose if you have to watch a sport it should be one that has muscular men in short shorts tackling the crap out of each other. Of course, I don't think that's why they were watching it.

Kelsey's job may be a bit too "no worries" for me. Apparently, the people who work there communicate with the boss by "texting" him. Huh? Seems odd to ask for a day off by texting someone but what do I know. She still doesn't know her schedule for next week or how much she's getting paid. Rumor is that she will get between 30 and 35 hours per week. I hope this isn't the normal way they plan the scheduling because it will make it really difficult to plan ahead for events that she wants to attend.

The sun is finally out today. Of course it is. I feel like crap and don't want to go anywhere. As soon as they stop with the noise upstairs, I'm going to sit on the porch with a good book and a glass of tea. That'll make me feel better.

Benji went downtown to play video games with a couple of boys from the homeschool group. He called about 5pm and asked if it was okay if they went to a movie....I could barely stay awake late enough to wait for him to get home. I think he walked in the door around 9:30pm. He is loving the freedom that public transportation is giving him.

3 comments:

  1. yay for kelsey!! i hope they straighten out the hours/pay thing.
    i friggin' HATE texting and am sad that it's becoming regular practice for business as well as social purposes.
    hope the banging stops and you feel better soon. for what it's worth, it's pouring rain and cold here too.
    khairete
    suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I followed your blog twice and I'm not sure how to undo that. I'm sorry your not feeling well. May the gods strike your upstairs neighbors with the good sense to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In one way, I like texting since I hate talking on the phone but it seems very, very strange for a business.

    And, I'm feeling much better now:) Is the weather better there??

    'tis better to follow twice than to not follow at all. hehe.

    ReplyDelete