Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gold Coast/Surfer's Paradise


I drove straight from the campground to the Nerang train station to pick up the rest of my family. Off we went to Surfer's Paradise for the weekend. We checked in early to find that the hotel was not exactly what we were expecting but that's okay. Not the end of the world and at least we had a view of the beach. Kelsey and I had a successful shopping trip and Ben and Benji had a blast in the arcade. Playing in the ocean, some half way decent restaurants, and a hot spa (the first one I've been in here in Australia!!!) gave us a relaxing weekend and some nice family time.

Apparently, I brought a little friend with me from the campground. When I put on my swimsuit at the hotel, I felt something scurrying against my thigh. I would like to point out that I kept my screams contained. Everyone should be proud of me. The damn thing was huge. Like a baby huntsman or something with very furry legs. Ben was my hero when he threw it over the balcony.

Surfer's Paradise is a nice place to visit but is very touristy and loud. There were people drunk in the streets in the middle of the night and, well, drunk people aren't usually very quiet. These were no exception. At some point, I was awoken by what sounded like drag racing. I felt like I needed to do something to protect us from those cars....we were on the 16th floor so we were safe but you know what adrenalin can do to ya. Next time I think I want to visit a nice quiet beach

No comments:

Post a Comment